We’re Opening Slowly and Safely: Starting with Boutique Location, elmspa
We can’t wait to welcome you back! As of July 16, 2020, we’ll be welcoming guests back to our boutique sister spa, elmspa, located in the Church-Wellesley village. This hidden gem, which temporarily closed among many hospitality businesses throughout the city in early March, has spent months planning a responsible and cautious reopening strategy that puts the safety of staff and guests first.
elmspa, a boutique oasis in the heart of Church-Wellesley village, is following recommendations from the Ontario government, senior health officials and the CMTO. Prior to reopening, much work has been dedicated towards implementing a thorough reopening plan, which includes comprehensive training, testing, and manuals for staff, in addition to the following Covid-19 specific safety procedures that are implemented from booking, to check-out. These include but are not limited to:
- Mandatory contactless temperature checks for guests and staff upon entry into the spa
- Guests and staff will be required to wear masks at all times
- Mandatory Covid-19 screening questionnaire for both guests and staff
- Plexiglass barriers at check-in and check-out and in our manicure and pedicure area
- Operating under limited capacity
- Contactless payment options available
- Mandatory hand sanitization for guests and staff upon entering building
- Increased frequency of sanitization of surfaces throughout the spa
- Physical distancing indicators positioned throughout the spa and enforced by staff
- Removal of magazines and self-serve tea and refreshment stations
Though the protocols and environment may have changed, the goal of a visit to elmspa remains the same.
“I know that in extraordinary times like these people need an oasis more than ever, so we are thrilled to announce that though Elmwood Spa remains closed, we will still be able to offer guests a much-needed escape at elmspa as of July 16 at 11:00 AM,” said Marie Picton, Executive Manager of Elmwood Spa, elmspa and Bangkok Garden Restaurant. “We are confident our new processes and procedures will ensure the safety and well–being of our staff and guests.”
elmspa is now taking appointments for select massages, body treatments, manicures, pedicures and body waxing – and is delighted to provide respite to the Toronto community during these difficult times. We will update this page with information about the reopening of our flagship location, Elmwood Spa, as it comes available.
elmspa is a hidden gem situated just blocks from Cabbagetown and Yorkville. An offspring of the acclaimed Elmwood Spa, the boutique spa offers exclusive treatments for those seeking an escape. elmspa approaches health and well-being holistically, with a Feng Shui space encouraging harmony, relaxation and wellness.
Virtual Spa & Products for Home
For those of you unable to leave your homes at this time, we continue to offer a range of virtual services for both individuals and groups through our Virtual Spa. We have also expanded our online shop, featuring hundreds of skincare and home-wellness items. We are eager to do what we can in the circumstances to provide our guests a respite during these difficult times. Keep an eye on our website for updates as they become available.