HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- What is your process on sanitation?
- Elmwood Spa’s revised hours and treatment schedule better allow us to practice heightened levels of hygiene and sanitation while complying with the requirements set forth by Ontario Public Health.
- All high-touch areas in treatment rooms and treatment stations are sanitized after each guest. This includes tables, faucets, and sinks, in-room doorknobs, light switches, stools, etc. In addition, all common area high touch surfaces are cleaned and disinfected twice per day minimum.
- Disinfectant wipes are available in each treatment room for easy access for disinfecting all hard and high touch services after every treatment.
- We use medical-grade sanitizing wipes for surface wiping within the rooms between guests’ services and as part of cleaning during the day.
- We also use the liquid form of a medical-grade sanitizer for wiping and sanitizing any instruments that may be used during services.
- Our procedure also includes an electrostatic fogger to sanitize large areas quickly and effectively.
- I would like to be serviced only by someone who is fully vaccinated. Can I choose that?
- At the time of booking, you can request to have a service provider who is fully vaccinated. For privacy reasons, some may not give us permission to share their vaccination status and as such, selection may be limited for the time being.
- Providers who are fully vaccinated and allowed consent to disclose vaccination status will be shared.
- Does Elmwood Spa have a special air filtration system?
- We have a central ERV system that provides 7000 cubic feet of fresh air every minute.
- ERV is a unit that takes the air that is circulating with the building and exchanges it with air from outside.
- All our filters are rated Merv 11.
- How will I be protected against the virus if not all your employees and guests are vaccinated?
- There is mandatory screening, hand sanitization, and temperature checks for staff upon entry into the building before the start of their every shift.
- All staff and guests are required to wear masks and have visible hand washing before and after every service with a guest in the room.
- Increased frequency of sanitization of all surfaces throughout the spa using medical-grade products, including daily treatment room cleaning with an electrostatic fogger.
- I am double vaccinated and just have returned from travel, how long do I have to wait before I can return to the spa?
- Anyone who has traveled outside of the country will have to abide by Health Canada and Federal regulations.
- All guests are required to complete a COVID-19 Screening Health Response Form and Waiver before receiving a service.
- We ask that you refrain from visiting the spa if you are under an isolation or quarantine order/directive from Public Health.
- I have a medical condition and cannot wear a mask, but I am double vaccinated. Can I visit the spa?
- Unfortunately, due to current requirements staff and guests are required to always wear masks while visiting the spa. For health and safety of our staff and guests, cloth masks are mandatory at this time. Face and mouth shields are not permitted.
- Since Elmwood was closed am I able to use my 2020 ESE benefits in 2021?
- All 2020 ESE members automatically had their perks renewed for the 2021 ESE Program.
- YES, your 2021 perks will have their validity extended for 6 months from reopening, until February 28, 2022.
- Can I use my Elmwood / elmspa gift card at Bangkok Garden?
- Yes, Gift Cards can be used interchangeably for the dollar-value amount at our sister companies. They have no cash value.
- Can I use my elmspa Gift Card at Elmwood Spa?
- Yes – all gift cards will be accepted at the dollar value. Gift cards will also be accepted at Elmwood Spa upon re-opening.
- Can I use the remaining balance on my series card?
- Yes – any Elmwood Spa Series purchased in 2019 will be priced protected for one year from our re-opening date of August 16, 2021 (new expiry date of August 16, 2022). Any unredeemed Elmwood Spa Series purchases made prior 2019 can be redeemed at dollar value.
- I have an Elmwood Spa Gift Card that was purchased pre-pandemic. Can I still use it?
- Yes – Gift Cards purchased on and after September 2019 are price protected for 6 months when we re-open on August 16, 2021. The new expiry date is February 28, 2022.
- Gift Cards purchased prior to September 2019 will be accepted for the dollar-value amount.
- Can I use my Water Therapies Series or One-Time Pass?
- No – currently due to limited capacities we are not booking Water Therapies One-Time Pass or Series packages.
- Water Therapies are complimentary with spa services valued at $120 or more.
- If spa services start at 10:00 am, would I be able to come earlier to use water therapies prior to my service?
- Yes, half-hour prior starting at 9:30 AM.
- How will you maintain physical distancing in the change rooms and water therapies?
- We have thoroughly detailed our re-opening plan and are careful to ensure the safety of guests and staff. Physical distancing will be maintained via capacity limits in all common areas, including the change rooms and Water Therapies. These will be monitored and enforced by our Guest Services team.
- Will wearing my mask be necessary in the Water Therapies?
- Yes, your mask should be worn everywhere in the Water Therapies including the swimming pool, whirlpool, steam room, sun room, and pool-side lounge. Please bring a spare mask with you should one become wet.
- I want to take longer than permitted in the Water Therapies and/or change rooms. I need more time.
- Unfortunately, due to capacity limits, we ask all guests to adhere to the protocols we have in place. As such, we cannot allow for extra time in our amenities at this time.
- Will the Terrace Restaurant be open when Elmwood Spa reopens?
- Yes, Terrace Restaurant (and Juice Bar) will reopen for indoor and patio dining with limited capacity.
- Will we be able to use the change rooms, steam room, swimming pool and whirlpool in the Water Therapies when you reopen?
- Yes, all will be available.
- Why is there a price difference between Elmwood and elmspa?
- Elmwood Spa has additional amenities that are available to guests including Water Therapies that are an added value.
20. Why do your web photos show individuals without masks & PPE?
- Our photography was captured pre-pandemic and not reflective of our current thorough safety protocols, detailed above.
In an effort to comply with the Government of Ontario’s guidelines coming into effect on September 22, 2021, patrons visiting restaurants and pools will be required to show proof of having received two doses of a Health-Canada approved COVID-19 vaccine 14 days prior to visiting the spa. Given the nature of our business, guests visiting Elmwood Spa may enjoy Water Therapies, including the pool and whirlpools, plus lunch in the Terrace Restaurant. For ease of monitoring and safety due to the nature of our expansive facility, we will require guests to show proof of two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine upon arrival. Government-issued ID is required when presenting proof of double COVID-19 vaccination.
City of Toronto By-law 541-202-0. Reg. 364/20
21. What is your vaccination policy?
Guests with appointments on or after September 22, 2021 will have to show proof of full vaccination status (second dose of a Health-Canada approved vaccine received 14 days before appointment) in order to attend the spa.
22. I have a medical condition with a note from my doctor for a COVID-19 vaccine exemption, can I attend the spa?
You will be able to attend the spa if you present a negative COVID-19 test that was administered 48 hours prior to your visit. Government issued ID is required when presenting proof of a negative COVID – 19 test.
23. If you only have vaccinated people attending the spa, does this mean we do not have to wear masks in the pool?
We are still required to wear masks in doors and in water therapies, especially when 2m (or 6 ft.) distancing is not possible. Masks are still required indoors and for the pool area.
24. What happens if I am unvaccinated and cannot attend the spa, but already have an appointment booked?
As per our policy, guests with appointments on or after September 22, 2021 will have to show proof of full vaccination status (second dose of a Health-Canada approved vaccine received 14 days before appointment) in order to attend the spa. Those guests who do not wish to proceed with their Elmwood Spa visit, can cancel at no charge, receive a full refund for any-prepaid visit, re-book their appointment at our boutique location, elmspa, or receive the amount of a Gift Card which they may use for retail purchases.
25. I am not dining at the restaurant or using the Water Therapies, why do I have to provide proof of vaccination?
Due to the nature of our facility, where guests can enjoy many of our amenities within one visit and due to the close contact nature of our services, we want to ensure optimal safety for our guests and staff.
26. Every guest in the Water Therapies will be fully vaccinated. Why do I still have to wear a mask?
Masks remain mandatory in the Water Therapies (swimming pool, whirlpool, steam room, pool deck) under the City of Toronto By-law, as is outlined for indoor spaces and especially where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
Why are you requiring mandatory vaccination at Elmwood Spa but not elmspa?
By law, mandatory vaccination is required for indoor dining and pool facilities. For ease of monitoring and safety due to the nature of our expansive facility which has Water Therapies and the Terrace Restaurant under one roof, Elmwood Spa requires that all guests are vaccinated. Elmspa does not have such facilities.
27. Do you allow for medical exemptions?
As per the Ontario’s Ministry of Health’s guidance there are only two valid medical exemptions from COVID-19 vaccinations and these guests must show proof confirming why they cannot get the shot.
- The first would be an allergic reaction to a component of the vaccine within an individual, which must be confirmed by an allergist or immunologist.
- The second would be if an individual suffered myocarditis or pericarditis after the first dose of a vaccine.
We will require a negative COVID-19 test result within 48 hours of your appointment with a letter from your physician.
28. How are you processing and storing my vaccination status information?
Guests are required to present visual proof of double vaccination to our Guest Service Representatives upon arrival either via a digital PDF of their receipts, or a printed copy. We are not storing information regarding the vaccination status our guests.
29. Why have you not informed me of this earlier, when I booked my appointment?
We have been carefully reviewing the Ontario Ministry’s Public announcement regarding the mandatory vaccine passport and keeping up to date with the latest developments. As such, we wanted to have a thorough evaluation of the policies and implement them accordingly as they apply to our business.