Newsletter Sign Up
Sign up to receive our newsletter & special promotions!
Though the sun is setting earlier and we immerse ourselves in the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, remember to take the time to explore all that Toronto has to offer. Here are eight things to do if you find yourself in the city’s downtown core:
1. Appreciate Art at the AGO: Stroll through the Art Gallery of Ontario located just steps from our very own Elmwood Spa and Bangkok Garden, at 317 Dundas Street West. Here, you can marvel at the Canadian Collection which includes paintings by The Group of Seven, or enjoy works that international artists from various eras have left behind. Click here for a full list of current events and exhibits.
2. Be a Star at Bar + Karaoke: Warm up your vocal chords and sing along to your favourite tunes! Bar + Karaoke is located at 360 Yonge Street #2 and offers private rooms for up to 25 people. Yes, that means there’s no excuse –– you can sing your heart out, as only your closest friends will be listening (and cheering, of course)! To find out more, click here.
3. Steal the Show at the Elgin and Winter Garden Theatres: From first scene to curtain call, enjoy the many shows and musicals that are currently on stage at the Elgin and Winter Garden Theatres. If you want to be a kid again, then sign yourself up to watch Peter Pan which is on stage until January 3rd. In the holiday spirit? Catch Dee Snider’s Rock ‘n Roll Christmas Tale. Just hop on over to 189 Yonge Street to pick up tickets, or visit their website here.
4. Channel Your Inner Pastry Chef: When that craving for chocolate or something sweet sets in, make sure you’re ready to whip up a treat in a flash. How? Head over to Le Dolci (located at 1006 Dundas St West) and sign up for one of their classes –– perfect for impressing guests with your skills this holiday season. From apple pies, to butter croissants, to cannolis, learn the ABCs of becoming a baking guru. For a complete list of classes and dates, click here.
5. Discover the Toronto Christmas Market: Take a stroll through the Distillery District this season with your friends or significant other! Just in time for the Holiday season, there are trees, treats, and vendors lining the festively decorated cobble stone paths. You can sip on hot chocolate, check out cool vendors and even take pictures by the iconic 45-foot tree. Admission is free Tuesdays to Fridays and $5 on weekends. Click here for all that you need to know!
6. Lace Up Your Skates at Nathan Phillips Square: Are your skates sharpened? They better be, because Nathan Phillips Square is putting on a show! The tree is lit and music is playing, so circle around the rink and enjoy the holiday cheer! No skates? No problem? You can rent your own at $5 for children 12 and under or $10 for adults! For full details, click here.
7. Hang Out at ‘Appy Hour: If you need some post-work down time, stop by Bangkok Garden and swap keyboard clicking for cocktails instead. Join us every Monday to Wednesday from 5 to 8 pm for half price appetizers and $5 drinks! Be adventurous and try our Tom Yum Siam Martini. Or stay on the sweet side and try our Mango martini. Click here for more.
8. Get your Glow On: With every season change comes dry and problem skin. Elmwood Spa has some great holiday packages to keep you looking and feeling your best this holiday season. Our Holiday Glow Package ($225) includes Water Therapies, an ElmLine Essential Facial, 50 minute Swedish Massage and lunch in our Terrace Restaurant. If you haven’t used up your healthcare benefits, then hurry on in, while there’s availability. Click here to view our full list of holiday packages.
|Spa Hours||Reservations Team|
|Monday to Thursday||10 am – 9 pm*||9 am – 9 pm|
|Friday||9 am – 9 pm*||8:30 am – 9 pm|
|Saturday||9 am – 8 pm*||8:30 am – 8 pm|
|Sunday||10:30 am – 6:30 pm*||10:30 am – 6:30 pm|
|*doors open 30 mins prior|
|Mon – Thurs||10 am – 9 pm*|
|Friday||9 am – 9 pm*|
|Saturday||9 am – 8 pm*|
|Sunday||10:30 am – 6:30 pm*|
|*doors open 30 mins prior|
|Mon – Thurs||9 am – 9 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am – 9 pm|
|Saturday||8:30 am – 8 pm|
|Sunday||10:30 am – 6:30 pm|