Friday | March 13, 2020
COVID-19 – Keeping our community safe
At Elmwood Spa, Bangkok Garden, Elmspa and Terrace Restaurant, we are committed to the health and wellness of our staff and guests. We are currently monitoring Toronto Public Health updates on the spread of COVID-19 and are doing the following to ensure the safety of all staff and guests:
- We’ve increased the frequency of cleaning including disinfecting of doorknobs, elevator buttons, railings, lockers or areas where guests and staff are in contact to every 15 minutes. Regular visits are done to the to the change room facilities and faucets are wiped down as well. Major cleaning is done in the evening to ensure that steam rooms and others are all disinfected. In addition, proper protocol is followed with our day to day laundry services.
- We ask all staff with flu symptoms to stay home and contact their medical practitioner before returning to work.
- Staff members travelling outside of the country where the risk is currently high are asked to self-isolate or quarantine for 14 days upon their return and provide a clearance letter from their doctor. Staff are advised against travel during this time.
- Sanitizers are located on all floor levels of our facility and staff and guests are reminded to disinfect their hands frequently.
- Food and Beverage staff are extra diligent in maintaining proper hygienic protocols during this time for themselves and the facility.
- Check-in: When our guests check in, our front desk staff provides a hot towel which is fragranced with lemon grass and lavender so that guests can wipe their hands. However, our staff are instructed to inform guests that sanitizers are available throughout the spa for their use and should sanitize prior to using the hot cloth. Guests are asked to sanitize their hands before using the IPAD as this is used by all guests. Pens are also wiped throughout the day.
- If any guest is experiencing flu-like symptoms and/or has travelled to areas affected by the Covid-19 virus within two weeks of their spa appointment or dining reservation, we kindly ask you to reschedule your booking. A screening questionnaire will be required upon check-in, and our staff have the right to refuse and reschedule any appointments based on the recommendations outlined by Toronto Public Health.
We assure all guests that Elmwood Spa, Bangkok Garden, Terrace Restaurant and Elmspa has put in the protocols and processes to ensure a safe visit for every guest. Click here to read our COVID-19 FAQs.