Wednesday | September 16, 2015
Couple Up: 10 Things We Love To Do in Twos
When the temperature drops, it’s time to cozy up with your significant other.
It’s couples season at Elmwood Spa, and we know that spending time with your loved one is an important part of unwinding. From enjoying the fall weather with an outdoor activity, to embracing a couples massage, we’ve rounded up our top 10 ten coupled activities for a renewed season, and an exciting #datenight.
Getting back into your routine and making each other a priority is important. It’s time to shut off the screens, and get back to basics.
- Carve a pumpkin – Bring out your inner child and get crafty. Pumpkins are in season, so grab a knife and your competitive edge and see whose masterpiece makes it to the front step. When you’re done, scoop out some seeds, and toss them in the oven for a healthy snack. We loved this Roasted Pumpkin Seed recipe from Canadian blogger, Oh She Glows.
- Netflix & homemade popcorn – Grab some kernels, a bowl, and your remote for movie night! Who needs a crowded theatre when you have a comfy couch, blanket and your significant other. For an at home treat, try making your own popcorn, like this Maple Bacon Popcorn creation as per Chef Ian Penny from our Terrace restaurant.
- Brunchin Brunchin’ – For those who want to feel totally pampered, the next best thing to breakfast in bed is a gourmet lunch in your spa robes at Elmwood Spa’s licensed Terrace Restaurant.
- Spa Soother– Escape from the daily grind to Elmwood Spa for an Exotic Escape for Two with Water Therapies (whirlpool, steam room, swimming pool) a 50 minute Couples Swedish Massage and a four-course dinner at our Thai restaurant, Bangkok Garden, plus a few goodies to take home.
- An Apple a Day – Instagram was made for sharing fall activities, and apple picking takes the cake, or pie that is. Bundle up, and get choosy. Our pick: Chudleigh’s in Milton, Ontario.
- From the Nosebleeds – Grab your team hat and take in the energy at the Rogers Centre to see the Toronto Blue Jays tear it up. It’s a great way to bond, and cheer on your city.
- Nature Vibes – When the leaves change from green to amber, it’s time to walk hand in hand, breathe in some fresh air, and recharge. Our favourite spot is High Park for a quick escape, still close to the city.
- Lake Getaway – For those looking for a weekend getaway, Ontario’s cottage country is the place to go. Light up a bonfire, throw on a sweater, and sit by the dock. Our choice is any rental in the Lake of Bays area in Muskoka for a sweet retreat. And if you’re craving some camp fire themed treats, try our S’more Fondue at the Terrace Restaurant.
- Grape Escape – Take a half day and visit a winery for a tour of Ontario’s best bottles of wine. It’s a great place to embrace your inner wino, and learn some tricks for your next big dinner party. We love Niagara Vintage Wine Tours for the ultimate foodie and wine experience.
- Love Locks – While Toronto is a bustling city, our best kept secret for romance is the Distillery District, a quaint cobblestone area of Toronto with multiple shops, cafes and restaurants for a romantic date night.
Like our ideas? Tell us why you want to unwind with your loved one for a chance to win an Exotic Escape for Two Retreat and two Signature Elmwood Spa robes, valued at $495. Your retreat includes:
- Water Therapies
- 50 minute Couples Swedish Massage
- 4 course dinner for two at the award-winning Bangkok Garden restaurant
- Bath Fizzies gift set to take home
Enter here: https://www.elmwoodspa.com/date-night/ and follow along on Instagram and Facebook with @ElmwoodSpa #MyElmwoodDate