Monday | July 13, 2020
A Slow & Safe Reopening: Starting with Boutique Location, elmspa
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Elmwood Spa, but unfortunately we’re not opening our doors quite yet. We are however, thrilled to announce the re-opening of our boutique sister location, elmspa, situated in the Church-Wellesley village, as of July 16, 2020. elmspa is a hidden gem, which temporarily closed among many hospitality businesses throughout the city in early March, has spent months planning a responsible and cautious reopening strategy that puts the safety of guests and staff first.
Our flagship location, Elmwood Spa, will remain closed at this time.
An offspring of the acclaimed Elmwood Spa, elmspa offers exclusive treatments for those seeking a tropical escape in the city. elmspa approaches health and well-being holistically, with a Feng Shui space encouraging harmony, relaxation and wellness.
elmspa is following safety recommendations and guidelines from the provincial and municipal governments, senior health officials and the CMTO. Prior to reopening, much work has been dedicated towards implementing a thorough reopening plan, which includes comprehensive training, testing, and manuals for staff, in addition to the following Covid-19 specific safety procedures that are implemented from booking, to check-out. Here’s what you can expect on a visit to elmspa:
- All guests and staff will be required to take a contactless temperature check upon entering the spa
- Masks will be mandatory for all guests and staff at all times
- At reception a short Covid-19 screening questionnaire will be completed
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at check-in and check-out and in our manicure and pedicure area
- The spa will open under a limited capacity
- Contactless payment will be available
- We ask all guests to wash their hands prior to receiving services. Staff will be following strict hand sanitization measures before, after and during services
- Heightened sanitization throughout the Spa
- As always, each treatment room and station will be entirely disinfected between appointments. We will also be implementing electro-static fogging technology
- To help you navigate the space, physical distancing indicators will be positioned throughout the spa and enforced by staff
- Magazines and self-serve tea/refreshment stations will be removed. We will be offering individually packaged refreshments for guests to enjoy
- We’ll be open from 11am-7pm daily
Though the protocols of the spa have changed, the goal of a visit to elmspa remains the same.
“I know that in extraordinary times like these people need an oasis more than ever, so we are thrilled to announce that though Elmwood Spa remains closed, we will still be able to offer guests a much-needed escape at elmspa as of July 16 at 11:00 AM,” said Marie Picton, Executive Manager of Elmwood Spa, elmspa and Bangkok Garden Restaurant. “We are confident our new processes and procedures will ensure the safety and well-being of our guests and staff.”
elmspa is now taking appointments for select massages, body treatments, manicures, pedicures and body waxing – and is delighted to provide respite to the Toronto community during these difficult times.
We will update this page with information about the reopening of Elmwood Spa as it comes available.
Virtual Spa & Products for Home
For those of you unable to leave your homes at this time, we continue to offer a range of virtual services for both individuals and groups through our Virtual Spa. We have also expanded our online shop, featuring hundreds of skincare and home-wellness items. We are eager to do what we can in the circumstances to provide our guests a respite during these difficult times. Keep an eye on our website for updates as they become available.