What is your process on sanitation?
- Elmwood Spa’s revised hours and treatment schedule better allow us to practice heightened levels of hygiene and sanitation while complying with the requirements set forth by Ontario Public Health.
All high-touch areas in treatment rooms and treatment stations are sanitized after each guest. This includes tables, faucets, and sinks, in-room doorknobs, light switches, stools, etc. In addition, all common area high touch surfaces are cleaned and disinfected twice per day minimum.
- Disinfectant wipes are available in each treatment room for easy access for disinfecting all hard and high touch services after every treatment.
- We use medical-grade sanitizing wipes for surface wiping within the rooms between guests’ services and as part of cleaning during the day.
- We also use the liquid form of a medical-grade sanitizer for wiping and sanitizing any instruments that may be used during services.
- Our procedure also includes an electrostatic fogger to sanitize large areas quickly and effectively.
I would like to be serviced only by someone who is fully vaccinated. Can I choose that?
- At the time of booking, you can request to have a service provider who is fully vaccinated. For privacy reasons, some may not give us permission to share their vaccination status and as such, selection may be limited for the time being.
- Providers who are fully vaccinated and allowed consent to disclose vaccination status will be shared.
Does Elmwood Spa have a special air filtration system?
- We have a central ERV system that provides 7000 cubic feet of fresh air every minute.
- ERV is a unit that takes the air that is circulating with the building and exchanges it with air from outside.
- All our filters are rated Merv 11.
How will I be protected against the virus if not all your employees and guests are vaccinated?
- There is mandatory screening, hand sanitization, and temperature checks for staff upon entry into the building before the start of their every shift.
- All staff and guests are required to wear masks and have visible hand washing before and after every service with a guest in the room.
- Increased frequency of sanitization of all surfaces throughout the spa using medical-grade products, including daily treatment room cleaning with an electrostatic fogger.
I am double vaccinated and just have returned from travel, how long do I have to wait before I can return to the spa?
- Anyone who has traveled outside of the country will have to abide by Health Canada and Federal regulations.
- All guests are required to complete a COVID-19 Screening Health Response Form and Waiver before receiving a service.
- We ask that you refrain from visiting the spa if you are under an isolation or quarantine order/directive from Public Health.
I have a medical condition and cannot wear a mask, but I am double vaccinated. Can I visit the spa?
- Unfortunately, due to current requirements staff and guests are required to always wear masks while visiting the spa. For health and safety of our staff and guests, masks are mandatory at this time.
Since Elmwood was closed am I able to use my 2020 ESE benefits in 2021?
- All 2020 ESE members automatically had their perks renewed for the 2021 ESE Program.
- YES, your 2021 perks will have their validity extended for 6 months from reopening, until February 28, 2022.
Can I use my Elmwood / elmspa gift card at Bangkok Garden?
- Yes, Gift Cards can be used interchangeably for the dollar-value amount at our sister companies. They have no cash value.
Can I use my elmspa Gift Card at Elmwood Spa?
- Yes – all gift cards will be accepted at the dollar value. Gift cards will also be accepted at Elmwood Spa upon re-opening.
Can I use the remaining balance on my series card?
- Yes – any Elmwood Spa Series purchased in 2019 will be priced protected for one year from our re-opening date of August 16, 2021 (new expiry date of August 16, 2022). Any unredeemed Elmwood Spa Series purchases made prior 2019 can be redeemed at dollar value.
I have an Elmwood Spa Gift Card that was purchased pre-pandemic. Can I still use it?
- Yes – Gift Cards purchased on and after September 2019 are price protected for 6 months when we re-open on August 16, 2021. The new expiry date is February 28, 2022.
- Gift Cards purchased prior to September 2019 will be accepted for the dollar-value amount.
Can I use my Water Therapies Series or One-Time Pass?
- No – currently due to limited capacities we are not booking Water Therapies One-Time Pass or Series packages.
- Water Therapies are complimentary with spa services valued at $120 or more.
If spa services start at 10:00 am, would I be able to come earlier to use water therapies prior to my service?
Yes, half-hour prior starting at 9:30 AM.
How will you maintain physical distancing in the change rooms and water therapies?
We have thoroughly detailed our re-opening plan and are careful to ensure the safety of guests and staff. Physical distancing will be maintained via capacity limits in all common areas, including the change rooms and Water Therapies. These will be monitored and enforced by our Guest Services team.
Will wearing my mask be necessary in the Water Therapies?
Yes, your mask should be worn everywhere in the Water Therapies including the swimming pool, whirlpool, steam room, sun room, and pool-side lounge. Please bring a spare mask with you should one become wet.
I want to take longer than permitted in the Water Therapies and/or change rooms. I need more time.
Unfortunately, due to capacity limits, we ask all guests to adhere to the protocols we have in place. As such, we cannot allow for extra time in our amenities at this time.
Will the Terrace Restaurant be open when Elmwood Spa reopens?
Yes, Terrace Restaurant (and Juice Bar) will reopen for indoor and patio dining with limited capacity.
Will we be able to use the change rooms, steam room, swimming pool and whirlpool in the Water Therapies when you reopen?
Yes, all will be available.
Why is there a price difference between Elmwood and elmspa?
Elmwood Spa has additional amenities that are available to guests including Water Therapies that are an added value.
Why do your web photos show individuals without masks & PPE?
Our photography was captured pre-pandemic and not reflective of our current thorough safety protocols, detailed above.