The primary function of this diverse role is to welcome guests and tend to their requests. The objective of this position is to attain a high level of guest satisfaction, build new business and a base of loyal guests. Understand the importance of and promote the Company’s Mission, Vision & Values, and provide direction to staff in accordance with the Company’s policy and procedures in order to achieve organizational goals.
(Part-Time) Open availability; must be able to work days & weekends 10-7:30 pm. Must be able to work Lunch and Dinner service
- Duties are to provide exceptional service, quality product & sales of food and beverage.
- Greet guests warmly and genuinely, making guests feel welcome and special. Every guest using the spa passes by this station.
- Proactively approaches guests to suggest beverages and light menu items.
- Identify guest’s food/beverage preferences and provides suggestions when guests are ordering menu items.
- Prepares and delivers customized orders.
- Proactively markets food and beverage items.
- When not serving a guest, may support either kitchen by preparing food items (washing, cutting vegetables/fruit, arranging).
- Clean and sanitize work surfaces, appliances and equipment.
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas.
- Remove all waste and recycling from the work area and sort recycle materials appropriately throughout shift.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Minimum 1-year guest service experience – sales experience an asset.
- Must have bartending and Smart Serve certificates.
- Minimum 1-year guest service (retail) or food and beverage experience required.
- Must be able to demonstrate attentive and welcoming behaviour, including excellent communication skills.
- Food Safety Handling certificate, or ability/willingness to obtain within 30 days of the start date
- Sales experience an asset.
We appreciate your interest, but as we receive many applications, we will contact you only when an opportunity arises for which you may be qualified. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Elmwood Spa, Bangkok Garden and elmspa recruits and selects the best-qualified candidates in accordance with our equal opportunity employment approach. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a Question About This Position? Leave a Message Below: