Ensure that our valuable Spa guests are treated and regarded as our first priority at all times. Execute the duties listed below in an efficient, effective manner, concurrently completing administration tasks as assigned according to company procedures and policies. Understand the importance of and promote the Company’s Mission, Vision & Values, throughout the Spa concurrently completing tasks as assigned and according to Company’s policy and procedures in order to achieve organizational goals.
- Demonstrates all key elements of the Mission, Vision, Values.
- Greet guests and potential guests immediately upon arrival. Treat guests in a friendly manner at all times. At no time should any employee cause a guest stress or embarrassment. While upholding a professional attitude, strive to keep the guests satisfied, comfortable, and feeling important. Always attend to the guest in person before the guest on the phone.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the operation of Resort Suite. (Elmwood Spa’s client management system), services and specials.
- Follow booking, confirmation, cash out, gift certificate sale procedures according to the training provided and as per company policy.
- Answer all calls in a warm professional, polite, and courteous manner. Treat each caller as a potential guest, with an effort to ‘upsell’ when making bookings, selling gift certificates, and all other “moments of truth”.
- Fully knowledgeable of all other aspects of the Elmwood including food and beverage and Bangkok Garden so interested parties can be directed to appropriate areas and supplied with the correct information.
- If you do not know the answer to the guest inquiry, find out, and get back to them in a timely manner with the information.
- Enthusiastically promote the facility, all services and products.
- Complete opening and closing procedures according to checklists.
- Ensure all guest records are updated and inputted into the computer database according to training procedures, including rebooking, and email contact information.
- Provide motivation and support to all other staff members of all businesses and at all levels whenever the opportunity presents itself and is appropriate.
- Attend and participate at regularly scheduled Staff Meetings.
- Proactively looks for tasks when not engaged with a guest, keeping work areas and treatment rooms tidy by assisting Housekeeping and every other departments with any task required.
- Adhere to ‘Rules and Regulations” in the Elmwood Spa Handbook
- Assist your Department Head and all other Department Heads and Managers with any special tasks and/or projects.
- Extend your kindest hospitality to all guests (internal and external).
- “Lateral Service” – treat others the way in which you would like to be treated.
- Ensure shift coverage when you cannot come in for your regular scheduled shift.
- Assist with other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a customer service / hospitality role.
- Additional training in customer service/hospitality preferred.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, calculate tax).
- Must have the ability to communicate and understand English – oral, writing and reading.
- Preference to employees with cash/sales experience.
- Ability to learn proficiency on point of sale system – check in; check out and verifying services.
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule: days, evenings and week-ends.
- Punctual and committed to work schedules.